Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Why the Silence?

Why the lack of posts, the silence, the details.  One would hope that it would be from the fact that we were having so much fun sailing around on the Long Island Sound that we didn't have time to write.  If wishing made it so...

The truth is the month of June was so depressing in boat land that I could not bring myself to write about the mountains of things that were going wrong.  Yes that was mountainS - plural- because the amount of things was insane.  I will write a little more soon about the adventure (when I can handle not crying every time I think about it) but here is the short version:

The day before we were to bring the boat north, the engine sang its farewell song.  This coming after a load of other problems.  After the yard looked at the engine it was decided that we needed a new one.  And then began the long haul of waiting, working and worrying.  The boat finally arrived in Glen Island, NY on July 8th (one month and a week after we were scheduled).


So now we are here.  And I really enjoy it.  There are things I love (being close to the water) and things I hate (our bed is so uncomfortable).  I sit here in our dinette with coffee in hand and look out into the marina - and think that this is my life. Amazing.  I mean how could you not love if this was your porch and the Long Island Sound was your backyard.  You can see our Hafwen, four boats up from the bottom.  Allmand 31 on the hull.

So I promise more to come...before the winter springs on us.

No comments:

Post a Comment